injured worker need RI workers comp If you are injured on the job, the first thing you must do is to inform your employer right away.  If you are questioning the severity of your injury, you still need to tell your supervisor immediately.  Many injuries worsen as time goes on.  Do not try the “wait and see” method as it may complicate the process if you do so.  Notifying your employer in writing is ideal.  This should be a simple statement, ten words or less.  This document should also include the date, time, and the details of the injury.
Once you have reported the injury, you can decide if missing work is necessary.  You may have other tasks you can complete that will not cause further damage.  Once the injury has been reported, be sure to find out the insurance company and obtain a claim number.  After that, the next step is to contact the doctor.   The doctor will evaluate the injury and provide instructions for you.  The doctor will document the injury providing a record for future use and assists the doctor should your condition worsen.
Even if you have reported the injury and received an internal claim number, you still may not be completely protected.  Our Workers’ Compensation Lawyers can guide you through the process.  There are many ins and outs; hiring a professional will save you time and money.  Contact a lawyer early on to get your case on the right track.
At Tom Ford Law, we will make sure you receive the compensation you deserve.